The 499 projects in Anatomy, Cancer, Epidemiology (now Public Health Sciences), Microbiology, Neuroscience, Pathology, Pharmacology, Physiology and Reproductive Development represent the capstone of several degrees offered by the Life Science program. Projects for 2021-2022 have been updated to our website when the information has been available.
The following is the list of the sub-plan Coordinators of the 499 Projects (and their email contacts):
- ANAT 499 and REPD 499: Dr. Madhuri Koti
- CANC 499: Dr. Harriet Feilotter
- EPID 499: Dr. Ana Johnson
- MICR 499: Dr. Sam Basta
- NSCI 499: Dr. Fenanda Guarino De Felice
- PATH 499: Dr. Xiaolong Yang
- PHAR 499: Dr. Nikki Philbrook
- PHGY 499: Dr. Shetuan Zhang
How To Get Started on a 499:
- Life Science Bachelor of Science Honours Specialization students interested in pursuing a 499 project in their fourth year should contact professors late fall of their third year unless a professor indicates a specific date. Please refer to the following websites for faculty associated with 499 projects (note: sometimes students will go outside of these but they will require approval - email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Department of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences: http://dbms.queensu.ca/faculty; Pathology and Molecular Sciences: http://www.path.queensu.ca/People/Faculty_Primary.php; Public Health Sciences: https://phs.queensu.ca/people/primary-faculty and the Centre for Neuroscience: http://neuroscience.queensu.ca/faculty-research http://neuroscience.queensu.ca/faculty-research
- We expect to update the 499 projects on our website prior to February 1st, 2022.
- Students are expected to provide an unofficial transcript to their potential supervisor, thus confirming their eligibility for a 499 project.
- Once an agreement has been made between you and a supervisor, please email email@example.com from your Queen's email (and include your student number) letting us know who your supervisor is (and copying them on the email) and which 499 project you will be completing (for example, ANAT, CANC, EPID, MICR, NSCI, PATH, PHAR, PHGY or REPD). We will copy the 499 Coordinator on your email so that everyone is in the loop.
- Please note that some research grants will be announced later in the winter term, so faculty will not know until later in the term if they will be taking a 499 student. We can add 499 projects into September to a students schedule.
Life Science Bachelor of Science Honours Major students are not eligible to do a 499 project.