The 499 projects in Anatomy, Cancer, Epidemiology (now Public Health Sciences), Microbiology, Neuroscience, Pathology, Pharmacology and Physiology represent the capstone of several degrees offered by the Life Science program.
The following is the list of the sub-plan Coordinators of the 499 Projects (and their email contacts) as of January 1st, 2017:
- ANAT 499: Dr. Michael Blennerhassett
- CANC 499: Dr. Christopher Nicol
- EPID 499: Dr. Ana Johnson
- MICR 499: Dr. Sam Basta / Dr. Ken Jarrell
- NSCI 499: Dr. Martin Pare
- PATH 499: Dr. Xiaolong Yang
- PHAR 499: Dr. Nikki Philbrook
- PHGY 499: Dr. Michael Blennerhassett
How To Get Started on a 499:
- 499 Projects for 2018-2019 will be available beginning January, 2018.
- Life Science Bachelor of Science Honours Specialization students interested in pursuing a 499 project in their fourth year should contact professors after December of their third year unless a professor indicates a specific date.
- Students are expected to provide an unofficial transcript to their potential supervisor, thus confirming their eligibility for a 499 project.
Life Science Bachelor of Science Honours Major students are not eligible to do a 499 project.