Welcome to the Life Sciences and Biochemistry programs at Queen's University!
On this page, you will find information about course planning and what to expect in your first year as a direct-entry student in the Life Sciences and Biochemistry program.
The Queen’s Life Sciences and Biochemistry first year course requirements are similar to those for students in the common first year Queen’s Science program.
The first year courses have a new 3.0-unit computing course requirement along with either a 3.0-unit Introduction to Biochemistry core course or a 3.0 unit Understanding Human Disease in the 21st Century core option.
Students can take PHYS 115/3.0 as a supporting course in first year or they can defer a first year Physics course in an upper year to meet their degree requirements.
First Year Core Courses for Life Sciences and Biochemistry Honours Students are as follows:
- BIOL 102/3.0 (core fall term),
- CHEM 112/6.0 (core full year course),
- MATH 121/6.0 (core full year course),
- BIOL 103/3.0 (core winter term course),
- CISC 151/3.0 (core winter term half year course),
- Either BCHM 102/3.0 or PATH 120/3.0 (core fall term half year courses), and
- PHYS 115/3.0 (supporting half year course that can be taken after first year).
We hope this information is helpful. Please do reach out to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have other questions.