The 499 projects in Anatomy, Cancer, Epidemiology (now Public Health Sciences), Microbiology, Neuroscience, Pathology, Pharmacology and Physiology represent the capstone of several degrees offered by the Life Science program. Projects for 2019-2020 will be updated by February 1st, 2019.
The following is the list of the sub-plan Coordinators of the 499 Projects (and their email contacts) as of May 1st, 2018:
- ANAT 499: Dr. Madhuri Koti
- CANC 499: Dr. Harriet Feilotter
- EPID 499: Dr. Ana Johnson
- MICR 499: Dr. Sam Basta / Dr. Keith Poole
- NSCI 499: Dr. Jason Gallivan
- PATH 499: Dr. Harriet Feilotter
- PHAR 499: Dr. Nikki Philbrook
- PHGY 499: Dr. Shetuan Zhang
How To Get Started on a 499:
- Life Science Bachelor of Science Honours Specialization students interested in pursuing a 499 project in their fourth year should contact professors after January of their third year unless a professor indicates a specific date. Please refer to the following websites for faculty associated with 499 projects (note: sometimes students will go outside of these but they will require approval - email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Department of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences: http://dbms.queensu.ca/faculty; Pathology and Molecular Sciences: http://www.path.queensu.ca/People/Faculty_Primary.php; Public Health Sciences: https://phs.queensu.ca/faculty-staff and the Centre for Neuroscience: http://neuroscience.queensu.ca/faculty-research http://neuroscience.queensu.ca/faculty-research
- We expect to update the 499 projects by February 1st at the latest.
- Students are expected to provide an unofficial transcript to their potential supervisor, thus confirming their eligibility for a 499 project.
- Once an agree has been made between you and a supervisor, please email email@example.com letting us know who your supervisor is and which one (i.e. ANAT, CANC, EPID, MICR, NSCI, PATH, PHAR, PHGY).
- Please note that some research grants will be announced later in the winter term, so faculty will not know until later in the term if they will be taking a 499 student. We can add 499 projects into September to a students schedule.
Life Science Bachelor of Science Honours Major students are not eligible to do a 499 project.