The 499 projects in Anatomy, Cancer, Epidemiology (now Public Health Sciences), Microbiology, Neuroscience, Pathology, Pharmacology and Physiology represent the capstone of several degrees offered by the Life Science program.
The following is the list of the sub-plan Coordinators of the 499 Projects (and their email contacts) as of May 1st, 2018:
- ANAT 499: Dr. Michael Blennerhassett
- CANC 499: Dr. Scott Davey
- EPID 499: Dr. Ana Johnson
- MICR 499: Dr. Sam Basta / Dr. Keith Poole
- NSCI 499: Dr. Martin Pare
- PATH 499: Dr. Xiaolong Yang
- PHAR 499: Dr. Nikki Philbrook
- PHGY 499: Dr. Shetuan Zhang
How To Get Started on a 499:
- Life Science Bachelor of Science Honours Specialization students interested in pursuing a 499 project in their fourth year should contact professors after December of their third year unless a professor indicates a specific date. Please refer to the following websites for faculty associated with 499 projects (note: sometimes students will go outside of these but they will require approval - email firstname.lastname@example.org. http://dbms.queensu.ca/faculty and http://www.path.queensu.ca/People/Faculty_Primary.php and http://www.queensu.ca/phs/faculty-research/primary-faculty-0
- Students are expected to provide an unofficial transcript to their potential supervisor, thus confirming their eligibility for a 499 project.
- Once an agree has been made between you and a supervisor, please email email@example.com letting us know who your supervisor is and which one (i.e. ANAT, CANC, EPID, MICR, NSCI, PATH, PHAR, PHGY).
Life Science Bachelor of Science Honours Major students are not eligible to do a 499 project.