Manager, Quality Improvement - Integrated Care, Ontario Health.
- Facilitator for IDEAS’ Introductory Quality Improvement Program, Oct. 2014 – Jan. 2015
- Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada’s ASPIRE (Advancing Safety for Patients in Residency Education) Program – November 2014
- South East LHIN Advanced Health System Leadership Program – University of Toronto, Rotman School of Management, January-May 2014
- Patient Safety Education Program – Patient Safety Institute, January 2012
During my time with the Queen’s Department of Family Medicine (2009-2015), I was a co-instructor for the quality improvement program for PGY1 Family Medicine residents.
In 2014 and early 2015, I was also a facilitator in the Introductory IDEAS program held at Queen’s.
Official courses: HQRS 841
- Quality improvement and patient safety education, particularly for medical learners
- Quality improvement and patient safety in primary care
- Measurement for quality improvement
- Martin, D.; Hollnagel, E. (in press) “Conversations with Erik Hollnagel and a New Approach to Understanding Safety” in Influencing the Quality, Risk and Safety Movement in Healthcare. Surrey, England: Ashgate Publishing Ltd.
- Hall Barber, K.; Schultz, K.; Martin, D.; Scott, A.; Pollock, E.; Kotecha, J. (in press) Teaching Quality Improvement in Post Graduate Family Medicine: An experiential longitudinal and team-based approach to acquisition of QI competencies. Academic Medicine.
- Morkem, R.; Barber, D.; Biro, S.; Hall Barber, K.; Martin, D.; Kinsella, L.; Williamson, T. (in press) Data Discipline in Electronic Medical Records: Improving Smoking Status Documentation through a Standardized Intake Tool and Process. Canadian Family Physician.
- McSorley, E.; Catry, V.; Batchelor, D.; Martin, D.; Clinton, J.; Hall Barber, K.; Wowk, C.; Moore, K. (2013) Enhanced 18-Month Well-Baby Assessment: an important component in primary care quality improvement plans: new toolkit, planning guide, measurement tools online. Ontario Medical Review, September 2013, 32-34.
- Catry, V; Dowling, D; Wowk, C; Martin, D; Hall Barber, K; Moore, K. (2012) Improved implementation of the Enhanced 18-Month Well-Baby Assessment: Kingston area primary care – public health partnership advances developmental health and well-being of children. Ontario Medical Review, September 2012, 29-35.