Queen’s-Lakeridge Health MD Family Medicine Program
Establish a regional campus at Lakeridge Health in Durham Region to deliver a purpose-built, community-based curriculum that will graduate family physicians committed to working as family doctors in their communities.
- To create a new model of medical education to address the shortage of community physicians by establishing a regional campus based at Lakeridge Health in Durham Region to:
- train family physicians committed to community practice;
- implement an integrated, purpose-built curriculum; and,
- work with the communities through both admissions and training.
- A new model of medical education
- Strengthened partnership with Lakeridge Health
- More graduates choosing community family medicine as a career
Supporting Strategic Priorities