Below you will find application details for clerkship global health electives. Please read instructions carefully.
1) Read the documents Criteria for Clerkship GH Electives and Clerkship Code of Conduct.
2) Complete a pre-clerkship GH observership application through the Placement Map page on the OGH website. If the placement has been created you may apply through the database. If the placement has not been created, you will need to create a new placement and then apply (link is located below the map). The application is directed through MEdTech and is entirely electronic. The deadline is March 15, 2017.
Please note: The Office of Global Health must approve educational objectives and students must agree to the Code of Conduct. Application and email confirmation from the OGH must be sent to the Office of Global Health. This does NOT need to be completed when application submitted.
3) Refer to the International Activities & Procedures page on the UGME site. Take note of all required procedures and deadlines. Contact Jacqueline Findlay, firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding these procedures.
4) Electronically submit a Clerkship Elective Approval Form via MedTech.
5) Familiarize yourself with the supporting documentation for the Off-Campus Activity Safety Policy. Complete and submit the Off-Campus Activity Safety Policy (OCASP) application. OCASP must be submitted six (6) weeks prior to your departure for approval.
6) Please visit this page for current PDT dates.
Please note: application is lengthy and may take a significant amount of time. If the Queen's University International Centre does not approve your elective, it will not be recorded in your academic records. If you require further assistance with your application, please contact Sandra Jeffers at email@example.com prior to submitting the OCASP application.
- Applications due March 15, 2017
- The OGH is to confirm student’s personal and educational objectives and confirm agreeance with Code of Conduct
- Pre-departure training: March 21 & 27, 2017. Completion of the online module below and attendance at both PDT sessions is MANDATORY.
- It is time to start thinking about immunizations, health insurance & language training.
Prior to PDT: follow this link to the Queen's University International Centre PDT and read the 'before you go' and 'while abroad' sections.
- Individual PDT interviews: April and May 2017
- OCASP: due six (6) weeks prior to your departure date
- Observership Approval Form: due 6 weeks prior to departure (online through UGME)
** The Office of Global Health strongly recommends students register with the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Travel’s program, Registration of Canadians Abroad.
- Observership Attendance Form: due September 2017 (online through UGME)
- OCASP post-activity report form: due 30 days post-arrival (online through OCASP portal)
- MANDATORY Post-arrival Debrief Session and/or Interview: September & October 2017
- Reflection: Due: October 1, 2017