LIFE SCIENCES, BIOCHEMISTRY AND HEALTH SCIENCE RESEARCH POSTER DAY
Tuesday, April 4th, 2023
In the Biosciences Atrium
At 9 a.m. to 12 noon and 1 to 4 p.m.
*** Please note that DBMS is printing posters this year.***
March 27th, 2023 @ 12 noon – Poster submission for printing and title sent to office
April 4th., 2023 – Poster Day
• Prepare your poster
• Poster must be submitted for printing (see details below) by March 27th, 2023 at 12 noon.
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org your poster title for the program and website by March 27th, 2023.
• Show up in the Biosciences Atrium on April 4th, 2023 at least 10 minutes prior to the start of your session
• Must be on a white background (dark coloured backgrounds will not be accepted).
• May include full colour diagrams.
• Standardized size (56"wide x 36" high) (PowerPoint template attached).
PRINTING OF THE POSTER:
- Attached you will find the PowerPoint poster template to be used in making your poster
- Do not change the paper size.
- Save your poster file to PDF format. Check for alignments
- email poster in PDF format to be printed to email@example.com
- Project area and last name to be included in the subject line of your email and the top left corner of your poster. For example, BCHM_Jones.pdf, CANC_Smith.pdf or HSCI_Dean.pdf.
- Label your file with your subject area and your last/surname. For example, CANC_Smith.pdf.
- There will be no proofs done after submission. If there are obvious problems with the file or with formatting, the student will be contacted to correct it. Please make sure that DBMS has your Queen’s email contact information and that all proofing for typographical errors is completed before submission.
- Associate Dean of Life Sciences and Biochemistry will pay for your poster printing if you have submitted your poster by noon on March 27th.
- Submissions received after noon on March 27th, will need to be printed directly by the student at their expense which will not be compensated for by the Life Sciences and Biochemistry Program Office
- Attention: Any posters with a greater than 20% white background will be charged an ink surcharge of $50.00.
• Students will not be able to pick up their posters.
• The Life Sciences and Biochemistry Program Office will have the posters available in the Biosciences Atrium starting at 8:15 am on April 4th, 2023.
• You will be responsible for hanging your posters and removing them at the appropriate time. We recommend working in teams of three to hang posters. Two to hold posters in place and one to pin the poster to the board. Pins will be provided.
• Posters must be removed on the same day by 12 noon if your presentation was in the morning and by 4:15 pm if you presented in the afternoon slot.
• If you have any questions, please contact the Life Sciences and Biochemistry Program Office or your 595, 499 or 422 Coordinator.
• Questions related to printing should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org