Poster Day Titles
Poster Day Guidelines
Individual Schedules will be sent directly to students.
Poster Days for 2022 will be April 6 through April 8th and Monday, April 11th for this Year
Poster Days will be held in Botterell Hall Room 568 or 351
8:30am-12pm or 1:00-4:30PM
*** Please note that DBMS is printing posters this year.****
• Prepare poster
• Print Poster (see details below)
• Email email@example.com your poster title for the program and website by April 1st, 2022 at the latest.
• Show up in the Botterell Hall, Room 568 or 351 on your presentation day.
PRINTING OF THE POSTER:
• The poster template link is at the bottom of this page. The template is to be used in making your poster.
• Posters can be printed at through the Department of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences this year by emailing from your Queen’s email account a PDF or PowerPoint to firstname.lastname@example.org with your project area and last name to be included in the subject line of your email and the top left corner of your poster. For example, ANAT499_Smith.pdf.
• Please label your filename with your surname and research area. For example, ANAT499_smith.pdf. This will allow us to ensure that all posters are received and printed.
DBMS will print posters to the following timelines:
The printer can print about 50 posters/day.
For posters April 6th, the files should be received at the end of Monday (April 4th)
For posters April 7th, before Tuesday (April 5th) noon.
For posters April 8th, the end of Wednesday (April 6th).
For posters April 11th, the end of Thursday (April 7th).
The Associate Dean of Life Sciences and Biochemistry will pay if you have them submitted your posters by the deadline above. Please submit your poster by the appropriate deadline. We encourage submission on or before the deadline date and to ensure that your poster is printed properly since occasional formatting problems require additional time to resolve.
• There will be no proofs done after submission. If there are obvious problems with the file or with formatting, the student will be contacted to correct it. Please make sure that DBMS has your Queen’s email contact information and that all proofing for typographical errors is completed before submission.
• Must be on a predominantly white background (dark coloured backgrounds will not be accepted);
• May include full colour diagrams;
• Standardized size (56"wide x 36" high) (template link included at the bottom of this page).
• The Life Sciences and Biochemistry Program office will be paying the entire cost of posters provided that they are printed by the Department of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences and submitted by the deadline (see above dates).
• If you have any questions, please contact the Life Sciences and Biochemistry Program Office or your 499 or 422 Coordinator.
• Questions related to printing should be directed to email@example.com
• Students will not be able to pick up their posters.
• The Life Sciences and Biochemistry Program Office will have the posters available in the Botterell Hall 351 or 568 starting at 8 am on the day your group is holding its Poster Day
• You will be responsible for hanging your posters and removing them at the appropriate time. We recommend working in teams of three to hang posters. Two to hold posters in place and one to pin the poster to the board. Pins will be provided.
• Posters must be removed on the same day by 12 noon if your presentation is in the morning and by 4:30pm if you presented in the afternoon slot or as appropriate.
Please click here for the pdf version template