Investing in education transformation to support health transformation. This partnership will establish a new health sciences campus that delivers decolonized curricula for local Indigenous youth in northeastern Ontario. This collaboration will co-create decolonized, interprofessional curricula for nursing, medicine, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, midwifery, and paramedicine.
- Deliver experiences for youth to explore career opportunities in healthcare
- Provide college and university application support to youth applying for education programs in healthcare fields
- With local First Nations schools, co-create curriculum that prepare high school students for postsecondary programs
- Co-create decolonized, interprofessional curricula for nursing, medicine, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, midwifery, and paramedicine
- Establish a campus in Moosonee in partnership with local, provincial and federal governments.
- Create “wrap-around” student supports tailored to the needs of students from remote Indigenous communities
- Support transition to practice paths with community healthcare partners
Supporting Strategic Priorities