Nurturing equity, diversity, inclusion, Indigeneity and accessibility (EDIIA) in Queen’s Health Sciences and beyond is a strategic priority. One of the faculty’s major EDIIA goals involves nurturing a faculty, staff and student profile that matches the Canadian population.
- To build a physical and virtual EDIIA space that supports initiatives that advance this EDIIA strategic goal (i.e., The Nest)
- To create an EDIIA Action Plan that follows the recommendations of the Dean’s Action Table working groups, but which also aligns with this EDIIA strategic goal; and, to create new oversight and action committees to lead and guide this work
- To create an accessible, organized and accurate system of QHS population profile data which can inform interventions
- Create an Office of Indigenous Health and initiatives that specifically support the recruitment and retention of Indigenous learners, faculty and staff.
- Encourage and support initiatives in the broader community that addresses racism, classism, homophobia, xenophobia, sexism, and other forms of discrimination
- The Nest officially opened in November 2022. The Nest is a place where everyone feels welcome and supported and where QHS EDIIA initiatives and strategic goals are advanced.
- Implementatopm the new EDIIA Action plan involving everything from data stewardship and mentorship to recruitment and transformative EDIIA studentship projects.
- Creation of an Office of Indigenous Health that includes a new Associate Dean and Research Chair in Indigenous Health.
- Student, faculty, and employee demographic transformation between now and 2026.
Supporting Strategic Priorities