Health Sciences Education Award:
Recognizes excellence in teaching.
Students and Peers can nominate a candidate by completing a nomination form and submitting it to the Dean's Office by the deadline. Note: In order to be eligible, the candidate must have faculty status. Both full-time faculty and part-time faculty are eligible.
For nomination form click here ».
To view a list of past recipients of the award, click here ».
The award has been established to recognize excellence in a range of teaching methods (small group, seminar, one on one supervision, lecture etc), course or curriculum design, course organization, development of learning resources education technology, evaluation and innovation.
The committee will review and rank each application containing supporting documentation to ascertain wheter the material exhibits excellence in teaching, a new or innovative approach, informed by external sources e.g. literature, and evidence of an impact on student learning. In making their selection the Committee will place emphasis on innovative approaches in education and ensuring that the teaching method or innovation is clearly linked to research studies and literature concerning the methods and activities of teaching.
Presentation of Award:
The successful nominees will receive a plaque and congratulatory letter from the Dean, Faculty of health Sciences. This will be presented at the annual Faculty of Health Sciences awards reception that is held in late spring.
Applications must be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CAME Certificate of Merit Award
Past CAME Certificate of Merit Award Winners
- 2017: Dr. Amy Acker, Dr. Louise Rang
- 2016: Dr. Melanie T. Jaeger, Dr. J. Damon Dagnone
- 2015: Dr. Mala Joneja, Dr. Karen Schultz
- 2014: Dr. Robert J. Connelly, Dr. Michelle C. Gibson
- 2013: Dr. Ted Ashbury, Dr. Heather Murray
- 2012: Dr. Christopher Smith, Dr. Daniel Howes
- 2011: Dr. Lindsay Davidson, Dr. Jane Griffiths
- 2010: Dr. Henry Averns, Dr. Robert Siemens
- 2009: Dr. Jessica Burjorjee, Dr. Robert Reid
- 2008: Dr. Stephanie Baxter, Dr. Ross Walker
- 2007: Dr. Gregory A. L. Davies, Dr. John Matthews
- 2006: Dr. Catherine de Metz, Dr. Jennifer McKenzie
- 2005: Dr. Christine Collier, Dr. Ben Chen
- 2004: Dr. Dale Mercer
- 2003: Dr. Diane Delva
- 2002: Dr. Susan Moffatt