The interprofessional Faculty Mentorship Program connects faculty members with mentors from across Queen's Faculty of Health Sciences. The Mentorship Program's purpose is to serve as a reciprocal process for sharing experiences and to foster a trusting environment for career guidance and psychosocial support.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Cultivate personal and professional growth
- Facilitate reflective thinking
- Foster a collegial and trusting environment
The Mentorship Program includes a formal structure with defined learning objectives. Engaged participation in the program will advance the educational development of both Mentees and Mentors and will support an interprofessional learning atmosphere.
8 to 12 hours per year
- Mentors and Mentees will attend an introductory webinar in September, where the Director of Education Development will provide an overview of the program and an opportunity to discuss
- Mentors will participate in a pedagogical cafe in November where they will receive training on the essentials of effective mentorship
- Mentees will participate in educational webinars on focused topics to help guide their Mentee-Mentor discussions
- Mentors and Menteees are expected to meet monthly between October and April
- There will be a mid-program check-in session for both Mentors and Mentees as well as a program wrap-up and celebration
Complete this application form before August 28:
Please note that we cannot guarantee a match for mentors or mentees.