***** 2018 Pre-Departure Training Dates *****
Monday, March 18, 2019 & Monday, March 28, 2019. This registration sign-up confirms you for BOTH sessions.
Both sessions commence at 5:30. Room: TBD
Attendance at both sessions is required and mandatory.
- Students are advised to ensure they have the appropriate medical and travel insurance. If you are covered by the AMS plan. you may refer to this page for further information.
- It is strongly recommended to visit the Canadian Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada website. Information includes safety updates for region of travel and Registation of Canadians Abroad (highly recommended). Also available is emergency contact information while abroad and a listing of Canadian Embassy/Consulates. You should record this information prior to leaving Canada, in the event of an emergency.
- KFL&A Public Health publishes travel health information online. Some immunizations may need to be done well in advance of travelling so please schedule accordingly.
- Entry/exit visas for the specific area of travel are the student's individual responsibility. More information can be found on the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada website.
- Students are strongly advised to do some independent research on their chosen country/region. Topic suggestions include: weather, currency, culture, religion, customs, and medical aspects such as, scope of practice, dress code, available resources, etc.
- Refer to the International Center's 'your safety abroad' site.
- If you cannot make these dates please email the Office of Global Health as soon as possible to make other arrangements.
- In the event of an emergency while abroad, please contact Queen's Security at 613.533.6111 (collect calls will be accepted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)