- BMJ Learning
The BMJ is an international peer reviewed medical journal and a fully "online first" publication. Our publishing model "continuous publication" means that all articles appear on bmj.com before being included in an issue of the print journal. The website is updated daily with the BMJ's latest original research, education, news, and comment articles, as well as podcasts, videos, and blogs.
- RX Files
Objective comparisons for optimal drug therapy.
A nice section on conferences offered throughout the world, sorted by specialty, location or date (see the Congress resource Center link on the left hand menu). Summarizes some late breaking medical news and CME events.
- The Journal of Family Practice
THE JOURNAL OF FAMILY PRACTICE will be the preferred source of original research and evidence-based medical information for practicing family physicians, family medicine researchers, and other primary care clinicians.
theheart.org provides information on caring for people with disorders of the heart and circulation, and on preventing such disorders. theheart.org is owned and produced by Medscape, LLC ("Medscape").
- Trip Database - Clinical Search Engine
The TRIP Database is a clinical search tool designed to allow health professionals to rapidly identify the highest quality clinical evidence for clinical practice.
- CMPA Good Practises Guide The purpose of this Canadian guide is to contribute to safer medical practice and help reduce medico-legal risks.This guide will be useful to medical students, residents and teaching faculty. Other healthcare professionals may find its content helpful.
- Epocrates Epocrates, Inc. creates point-of-care digital solutions that enhance the practice of medicine. More than 1 million active members, including 50% of U.S. physicians, use Epocrates to help improve patient care and practice efficiencies with its drug reference, educational and clinical apps.
- University of Saskatchewan Continuing Professional Learning Resources A wide variety of paper, presentation, video, podcast, and quiz learning resources offered through the University of Saskatchewan’s CPD website.
- Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health The Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH) provides decision-makers with the evidence, analysis, advice, and recommendations they require to make informed decisions in health care.
- Public Health Agency of Canada, Self Learning Module on Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) The Self-Learning Module on STDs provides an opportunity for physicians, medical students, nurse practitioners, nursing students, health care professionals and other interested persons to enhance their knowledge and skills regarding STD screening and diagnosis, management and treatment, partner notification and prevention measures.
- Ian Anderson Continuing Education Program in End-of-life Care The Ian Anderson Program promotes a variety of educational techniques including small group problem-based learning, case-based teaching and distance learning. We are committed to integrating our approaches with existing programs and interactive networks.
- EPEC: Education in Palliative and End-of-life Care The EPEC curriculum combines didactic sessions, video presentations, interactive discussions, and practice exercises. It teaches fundamental palliative care skills in communication, ethical decision making, psychosocial considerations, and symptom management. Its curricular materials and accompanying take-home messages can easily be adapted for teaching sessions targeted at interdisciplinary audiences.
- The Pallium Project Since 2000, the Canadian Pallium Project has promoted collaboration, coordination and communication for access, quality and new capacity in service of the seriously ill and dying at the community-level throughout Canada.
- Canadian Critical Care Society The Canadian Critical Care Society is the National Specialty Society, representing Adult and Paediatric Critical Care Medicine physicians in Canada. The practice of Critical Care Medicine in Canada is multidisciplinary and CCCS members hold base specialty certification in anaesthesia, medicine, paediatrics, emergency medicine or surgery and some surgical subspecialties such as cardiac surgery and neurosurgery.
- Designing Innovative Cancer Services and Advanced Practice Nursing Roles: Toolkit This toolkit was developed and evaluated within a collaborative research study involving Cancer Care Ontario, McMaster University, Laurentian University, and regional cancer care centres in Sudbury and Hamilton. Includes a variety of resources, tools, and activities to guide you through the PEPPA framework. Although the design focuses on APN roles, the same framework can be applied to various nursing roles and healthcare providers in other disciplines.
- Real CME Real CME, based in New York City, is a technology company that enables medical education providers to seamlessly and cost effectively integrate advanced, web-delivered innovations into their daily activities. RealCME has created a full suite of online applications which allow medical education providers to create unique, collaborative, virtual patient-based CME programs and curricula, supported by an intuitive course authoring system, a powerful learner self-assessment system, and a robust data analysis tool set.
- CMElist.com A listing of American CME. It is the intent of CMEList.com to describe every web site that offers AMA-approved CME online. At this time, there are 325 sites listed.
- Centre for Effective Practice The Knowledge Translation in Primary Care Initiative is aimed at developing and disseminating health information and clinical tools to support primary care providers.
- CPSO National Opioid Guideline
An important message regarding the Implementation of the Narcotics Monitoring System
- National Pain Centre at McMaster University
Canadian Guideline for Safe and Effective Use of Opioids for Chronic Non-Cancer Pain
- Centre for Effective Practice
Management of Chronic Insomnia Tool
The Office of Continuing Professional Development maintains a non-public site with our own self-directed learning resources such as online videos. Please contact us for more information about these resources.
- Bracken Health Sciences Library
Collections and research support for medicine, nursing, rehabilitation therapy and life sciences.
- The Canadian Library Of Family Medicine
The library service was established to ensure that all CFPC members have access to comprehensive information services. We provide literature searching, document and article copying, instructional services, book loans, and much more to CFPC members.
- The Cochrane Library
Independent high-quality evidence for health care decision making.