IDEAS Foundations of Quality Improvement Program
Improve Patient Care
The IDEAS Foundations of Quality Improvement program provides you with the knowledge and tools to effectively participate in and contribute to quality improvement projects within or across health care organizations. Participants are introduced to a common language and approach to quality improvement with the explicit goal to improve patient care, experience and outcomes. At successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Apply the principles of quality improvement for healthcare
- Explain a quality improvement aim in accordance with the Model for Improvement
- Explain sources of the change ideas and explain in accordance with the Model for Improvement
- Contribute to the application of tools in team setting
- Explain the application of measurement in accordance with the Model for Improvement
- Collaborate with interprofessional team members to contribute effectively on a quality improvement team
Focused on Applied Learning
Using an evidence based curriculum and instructional design recognized to be appropriate for adult learning, the IDEAS Foundations of Quality Improvement is comprised of a three-hour online component completed prior to a one day in person workshop.
- Three hours, asynchronous
- Immersive-scenario based self-study
- Completed before workshop
- Includes prompts and reflection to initiate a personal improvement project
- 1 Day Workshop
- 6.75 hrs, interactive, applied learning through a quality improvement project case
- Face to face, engagement between learners and faculty
- Taught by expert faculty who are experienced in quality improvement
This continuing education program is accredited by the consortiums of McMaster University, the Northern Ontario School of Medicine, Queens University, University of Toronto, University of Ottawa, Western University and IDEAS.
College of Family Physicians of Canada Mainpro+
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 30.75 Mainpro+ credits.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada – Section 1
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, approved by Continuing Professional Development, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto up to a maximum of (5.5 hours)
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada – Section 3
This program is an Accredited Self-Assessment Program (Section 3) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada, and approved by Continuing Professional Development, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto on 12/01/2017. Program expires 12/2018. Remember to visit MAINPORT https://www.mainport.org/mainport/) to record your learning and outcomes. You may claim a maximum of 4.0 hours (credits are automatically calculated).
Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent participating in the educational program.