PGME Global Health Electives
Residents are required to follow all PGME elective policies outlined on the Postgraduate Electives webpage.
Global Health Elective Application Process
- Confirm your elective with your host institution
- Obtain a letter of approval for your elective from your Program Director
- Submit a placement application through the Placement Database to the Office of Global Health
- Review the Off-Campus Activity Safety Policy (OCASP) site. Complete and submit the OCASP 2.0 form.
*OCASP must be completed 6 weeks prior to departure. Failure to complete an OCASP 2.0 form could result in the elective being cancelled.
- Complete pre-departure training. Please contact the Office of Global Health if your departure date is before or after the scheduled pre-departure training time.
Residents are strongly encouraged to register with the Department of Foreign Affairs before going abroad.
Residents are responsible for:
- Ensuring they have the appropriate medical licensure in the country they will be completing their elective
- Obtaining the appropriate medical liability coverage
- Obtaining required travel visas, immunizations & travel insurance
- Complete OCASP post-activity report form within 30 days of post-arrival
- Provide elective feedback on Placement Database
- Complete post-arrival debrief with the Office of Global Health