IF YOU WISH TO COMPLETE A PLACEMENT CONTACT YOUR ACADEMIC HOME DEPARTMENT FOR THE APPROPRIATE PROCESS.
2019/2020 Training Dates (click the dates the register):
We will be running two sessions for the 2019/2020 year:
- November 19 & 26, 2019 (begins at 5:30 p.m. in the School of Medicine Room 132A)
- March 24 & 31, 2020 (begins at 5:30 p.m. in the School of Medicine Room 132A)
Please note that we do not offer one-on-one course sessions.
Training consists of two parts - attendance on both dates (either November or March) is required.
**Students are advised to ensure they have the appropriate medical and travel insurance. If you are covered by the AMS plan. you may refer to this page for further information.
- It is strongly recommended to visit the Canadian Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada website. Information includes safety updates for region of travel and Registation of Canadians Abroad (highly recommended). Also available is emergency contact information while abroad and a listing of Canadian Embassy/Consulates. You should record this information prior to leaving Canada, in the event of an emergency.
- KFL&A Public Health publishes travel health information online. Some immunizations may need to be done well in advance of travelling so please schedule accordingly.
- Entry/exit visas for the specific area of travel are the student's individual responsibility. More information can be found on the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada website.
- Students are strongly advised to do some independent research on their chosen country/region. Topic suggestions include: weather, currency, culture, religion, customs, and medical aspects such as, scope of practice, dress code, available resources, etc.
- Refer to the International Center's 'your safety abroad' site.
- In the event of an emergency while abroad, please contact Queen's Security at 613.533.6111 (collect calls will be accepted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
**Please refer to the Culture, Safety and Ethics handbook prior to taking the course**
- AMS Blue Cross Travel Health Passport
- QUIC Health Insurance Information
- Suggested Packing List
- Bon Voyage, But... (Government of Canada)
- Drug Facts (Government of Canada)
- Well On Your Way Health Pamphlet
- QUIC Emergency Action Plan
- QUIC Emergency Contact Card
- QUIC Personal Risk Assessment
- Common Phrases & Medical Terms to Learn
- Student Code of Conduct