Faculty of Health Sciences Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Fund
The Faculty of Health Sciences Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Fund has been set up to launch and develop governance, policies, and programming that promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) in five distinct areas in the Faculty of Health Sciences that require an examination from an EDI lens:
Students, Curriculum, Research, Professional Development, and Culture.
The Equity, Diversity and Inclusion fund will allow the faculty a chance to train more young people from under-represented groups, such as Indigenous and Black Canadians – as health professionals. The funds will initially be used to launch the following programs to improve EDI in the faculty.
- Establishing the Dean’s Action Table on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Creating new pathways to increase the enrolment of underrepresented groups
- Developing outreach health education programs and mentorship opportunities for underrepresented communities (e.g. high school students and youth)
- Supporting events and opportunities for student-led EDI Initiatives
- Decolonization and diversification of the curriculum
- Skills based training in cultural humility, conflict resolution, human rights, anti-colonialism, anti-racism, and anti-oppression