Workplace Mental Health Leadership Certificate
Queen's CPD is a proud collaborator of the Workplace Mental Health Leadership certificate program.
Nearly all working Canadians experience mental health issues that affect their ability to remain productive and focused on the job. Controlling the associated costs and risks is an important focus for every organization, but what about the human impact of mental health in the workplace?
People leaders play a pivotal role; employees who describe their relationships with their leaders as positive and supportive experience:
• Improved mental health (as well as health in general).
• Lower rates of absenteeism.
• Higher levels of engagement.
• Greater productivity.
The Workplace Mental Health Leadership certificate program is the first of its kind in Canada, developed in partnership with the Bell Canada Mental Health and Anti-stigma Research Chair and Faculty of Health Sciences at Queen’s University. The practical framework and leadership skills introduced in the program align with evidence-based and industry best practices, including the National Standard for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace. Certification showcases organizational leadership and commitment to a mentally healthy workplace, through best practices and innovative solutions.
Over the course of three modules, participants will explore the ever-expanding business case for mental health in the workplace. This includes an improved understanding of relevant legal, ethical and business concerns. This certification program also supports the development of empathetic and solution-focused leadership skills, which can be transferred to a variety of professional settings and situations.
Completion of the three-module certificate program will facilitate increased:
• Awareness of the importance of a mentally healthy workplace.
• Accountability for a safe and healthy workplace.
• Recognition of the factors that influence a mentally healthy workplace.
• Capacity to respond to potential health issues, improving the likelihood of a better outcome.
People leaders in any industry, sector or occupation:
• Frontline leaders (supervisors, managers, team leads), responsible for managing employee performance.
• Leaders, human resource professionals and union representatives whose organizations are working towards improving mental health in the workplace, including adaption of the National Standard for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace.
• Those seeking professional certification for mental health in the workplace.
• Individuals seeking to improve their ability to recognize and respond effectively to mental health issues.
Download the Brochure
View Upcoming Training Dates
For more information, pricing and to book workplace training, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.800.461.9722.